To achieve Moksha in this lifetime is the only reason you have a human body, and as His Divinity Brahmanda Saraswati once said: "to waste a human life by not achieving Moksha is like selling diamonds for the price of spinach!"
Lord Krishna said to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita (chapter 2 verse 48): "yogastha kuru karmani" or "established in union with Me, perform action." This is exactly the definition of Moksha.
Moksha is at the same time the most simple and natural way to live and the most difficult transition that anyone can make. Our universe has been around for over 150 trillion years and we have incarnated again and again to accomplish this one task - achieve Moksha - yet this accomplishment has eluded most of us so far.
Those like Eckhart Tolle who suddenly switch into Moksha for no apparent reason and without any preliminary training, find it difficult to explain to us how to live in the state of Moksha, yet they describe Moksha very well. For it is to them such a simple thing. Eckhart said: "The beginning of freedom (Moksha) is the realization that you are not the possessing entity - the thinker. Knowing this enables you to observe the entity. The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind. You begin to awaken."
Now the question arises: "how do I watch the thinker?" This becomes our immediate challenge. We must somehow to distance ourself from the conscious thinking mind and become the "watcher." This has to be a genuine experience, not just a mood-making "oh, I am not the body, I am the silent witness" when in reality we continue being trapped in physical life and the conscious thinking mind. The ego is very good at taking the stated goal and thinking its way to it. But thinking about riding the tiger is not the same as riding the tiger.
We can quickly achieve this state of witnessing the entire life from the subtle mind, i.e., united with Krishna, by taking a few sequential steps:
- find the silence that is already there in your mind and connect with that silence. You are united with Krishna in that silence. This is yogasta.
- perform action while remaining established in that silence - this is kuru karmani. To achieve this step we have several sub-steps:
- first we practice acting while established in silence by starting the mantra in the physical mind and watching it from the silent part of the mind. Thinking the mantra is the simplest form of activity because the mantra has no meaning, just a sound, and the only moving part is the conscious thinking mind - the body is completely still.
- when we have achieved the above step 1, we are ready to add some complication to the practice, we challenge the mind to remain established in Being while performing action. We add the practice of samyama on a yoga sutra to the meditation. The sutra is still a very simple thought but it has meaning so this is one complication. Also samyama has the component of timing. With step 2 we create a stronger ability to witness this more complicated activity of the mind.
- we add more sutras to the program and with each sutra we complicate the activity further. Now we have to also keep track of which sutra we are supposed to be performing samyama on. Also we have to count how many times to perform samyama on each sutra and to complicate things further, some sutras may have a different number of repetitions than others.
- at first we have some audio cues to tell us which sutra to perform samyama on, then we remove those audio cues and the complexity of the activity increases even more as the conscious thinking mind has to keep track of which sutra and switch to the next one at the right time with only its internal clock to rely upon.
- until this step, the body has been silent and only the mind is active. Now we add a special sutra that causes the body to become active - the flying sutra. In the previous steps we have cultivated the ability to sit in padma asana (lotus posture) and this is very important for the flying sutra because the flying sutra causes the pranamaya kosha to fly up, like a piece of cotton fiber being lifted into the air by the slightest breeze. When the pranamaya kosha lifts up, it is locked in the posture of padma asana to the anamaya kosha so the physical body is lifted up as well. This adds a further complication to our process of remaining established in the silent mind and witnessing what is a now very gross activity of the physical body hoping up into the air and the falling back down. With each hop our ability to remain established in Being and performing action is strengthened.
- by this time we are noticing that when we lay down to sleep, the silent mind is there witnessing the process of the physical body sleeping.This is an ideal time to introduce another practice to strengthen the ability of our silent mind to stay away and alert and witness the activity of our sleeping physical body and the active prana body. So we introduce the practice of astral projection and begin to explore the world of the pranamaya kosha with that body while the anamaya kosha is sleeping.
- Soon after we become able to operate the prana body independently while the physical body is sleeping, we discover that our witnessing has taken a deeper level and we are able to have lucid dreams. Some additional practices are introduced during waking state to take advantage of this deeper level of witnessing and the witnessing is further strengthened.
- Finally we realize we are living in the now and witnessing our entire physical life from that spacious consciousness of pure Being and in time we are able to maintain this witnessing through all extremes of physical activity - Moksha Level 1 has been achieved.
- Once we can routinely achieve lucid dreams, we learn how to collapse the dream and enter consciously into the Celestial Realms in our manomaya kosha.
- Oneness Awakening Course to balance the karma of your relationships
Oneness Awakening Course
The Oneness Awakening Course, shows us that the karma of life is often about relationships. These relationships include the relationship with our parents, with our partner and with our children. Only when we can balance the karma in our relationships would we be free to grow and overcome obstacles that used to hinder us, and that we felt were impossible for us. Only when we accept this karma of our relationships could we start to experience Love. When we start to be able to create change in our lives and start experiencing Love then happiness and abundance come to us.
During the course you will be able to experience peace, calmness and love as your relationship karma balances. You will be able to connect to the beauty of relationships in your life, and naturally attract people who love, respect and appreciate you in your life. You will also experience growth and the ability to help make life more meaningful. Thru relationship karma balancing, the answers to all problems in life will appear. Upon completion of this course, you will be initiated as a Deeksha Giver. Deeksha is Krishna's Energy. You will have the ability to pass on this blessing of Deeksha to those around you as well as yourself. When you are able to balance the relationships in life, everything will flow towards you naturally. Love, Wealth, Happiness and Health would naturally flow into your life.
Oneness Awakening Course is conducted by Kundalatdevi, who has received training from Oneness University to pass this knowledge and experience on to others:
She describes this course, which will connect you with your deepest thoughts, emotions and feelings and reveal your inner truth. It will help you to recognize the activity of the ego in every-day situations. As you discover the practices of the ego, you will connect beyond to your jiva, which is a spark of Krishna. You will be able to clearly see "I am a jiva" and "I am not this body or ego." Your body will be viewed as a machine that is driven by karma.
This course will give you the connection with Deeksha, which is the first stage of God Realization described by Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita. You will realize that you are a servant of Krishna.
Our joy is to be the channel through which Krishna's energy flows into our body, to other people and to the environment. Krishna's energy, cleanses all the material impurity of life. It melts the ego and reveals the truth. Deeksha is very attractive to everyone.
When you begin to transmit Deeksha, to others, Krishna will bless you with three times as much Deeksha for your own life.
When you have been sufficiently purified by Krishna's energy, you will feel your direct connection to your Atman in your heart. Your Atman is Krishna. This is the second stage of God Realization described by Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita.
Your Atman is within you and accompanies you throughout your entire life. When you consciously accept your intimate relationship with Krishna, He will lead you throughout life, and your life and all the situations in your life become a great joy and blessing for you.
This course leads to a deep and intimate relationship with Krishna. You will feel Krishna's energy in your body, and may even hear Krishna's voice as He becomes the Charioteer of your life and leads you directly. This connection with Krishna through His Deeksha melts the ego and all karma of life. The result is much faster attainment of Moksha.
The ideal environment for this process of growth and training is on a focused course where the entire attention is devoted to these extraordinary processes. This is actually necessary to have the environmental support so that your full attention can be devoted to the meditation and spiritual practices. With no concerns about daily life duties, this course is your spiritual development vacation! You will make maximum progress toward achieving Moksha and bring home with you an array of practices that will serve you well.
To achieve all 10 of the above sub-steps may not be possible on one 21-day course, but you will definitely make excellent progress. For sure, everyone will participate in the Oneness Awakening Course. We all progress at our own pace with the development of the subtle bodies. The value of this course is in the personal attention you will receive. Your specific practices will be customized to your needs and current level of development. So you can retake this course again and achieve even more progress.
These courses are now being offered in New Mexico and a new course starts on the 12th of each month. Here are some images of the new Course Facility in Ruidoso, New Mexico. There are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condos and each student will have their own condo or a private bedroom in a condo. We come together in one unit for meditations.
This complex is in a beautiful mountain region at about 7,000 feet elevation, with tall pine trees and lofty, snow covered peaks. Wild deer are abundant in the area and will come up to be petted and fed.
Each course lasts for 21 days and this is important because it takes 21 days to establish a new habit or routine. During this course you will be establishing new habits and routines that you will take home with you to continue your development. Everything is included in the course tuition, including private room lodging, wholesome vegetarian food and personalized course instruction by Visvamitra.
Experiences on the course are wonderful! Here are links to a few of these experiences:
Your own Moksha Vitara is a requirement for these courses, and a complete full-size unit plus the pendant is included in the tuition for your first course. Bring both the main unit and the pendant to your course.
Also included in the course is your own Shanti Vitara to balance the karma that is swirling around you everyday. Plus you will receive your Dasa Bhukti Yajna to target the most negative karma that is restricting your life from full joy, prosperity, and happiness.
It is possible to take this 21-day course in blocks of 1 or 2 weeks, spread out over two or three months. On the registration page of each course, you will find 7-day and 14-day options. If you do not have 21 days available at one time, take the 7-day or 14-day course first, then follow-up in the next month or two with the 14-day or 7-day course. You can also take 3 of the 7-day courses. If you cannot get away to attend the in-residence course, you can join us via video Skype for 2 meditation sessions each day on the Home Study Course. There are two versions, one that lasts for 21 days and another that is 63 days in length. The 63 day course is offered on the 50% matching grant program (see below) so it is quite affordable.
Purifying Ayurvedic Juice Fast Option: You may elect to take a purifying Ayurvedic juice fast with during your course. A diet of raw milk (optional) and pure organic raw juice will unleash the natural healing power of your body by flushing out all built up toxins and flooding your system with powerful nutrients and antioxidants.
Matching Grant Program: If you cannot afford the full tuition for the 21-day course, you can apply for the Matching Grant Program and attend for as little as $2,088.80. MVU has a Moksha Advanced Course Matching Grant fund that will provide the balance of your tuition. You simply elect the Matching Grant option for registration and pay the deposit, which is 50% of the normal cost and does include the MokshaGrant Gift Certificate for an additional 20% discount. If there are not adequate funds available for your matching grant, your tuition will be refunded.
To contribute to the MVU Moksha Advanced Course Matching Grant Fund and help others attend this course, please visit this page and select the appropriate option from the menu.
https://www.mahavideha.org/MVU/BookStore/Donation Any amount of donation is helpful and appreciated!
Special discount for couples!
Couples received a special discount so now both of you can come to the Moksha Advanced Course for just a few dollars more than a single registration, and each person receives a Moksha Vitara and Pendant. Look for the Couples Registration.
MokshaGift 20% Discount
To receive the maximum discount on registration, use the promotion code "MokshaGift" on the registration page or shopping cart. Click the button below to visit the registration page, where you will find a full listing of the Moksha Advanced Courses available now. The home study courses are at the bottom of the page.