Krishna is a name of the Supreme Personality of God. Krishna Realization is the state of consciousness, goal and ultimate destiny of all human beings. A person who realizes Krishna, experiences God's infinite power, knowledge, and bliss continuously.
We know from the Vedic literature that the world around us is maya - that which is not. We learn from Yoga Vasistha that the solid appearing world is illusory, it is just a dream in the mind of the Creator. Modern quantum physics tells us that we live in a 3-D holographic projection - the physical world has no more solidity than a holographic projection. Because we are embedded in it, the world takes on the appearance to us of a solid "reality". But what is real? That which is unchanging.
There are 3 fields of existence - Absolute, the gap and relativity. Relativity is constantly changing, it is never stable, so it is illusory and unreal. The Absolute is pure unmanifest potential, and the Absolute is stable, never changing, so it is Real. The gap between the relative and the Absolute is where the magic happens – the gap is the generator of the limited expression of the unlimited unmanifest potential of the Absolute. The Creator of our Universe sits in this gap. Also, every person who has achieved Moksha sits in this gap.
As we saw earlier, it is the Light of Krishna that is the cause of the 3-D holographic projection of our Universe. We literally live in the Light of Krishna. Krishna Realization occurs when we take our consciousness back to the source of our existence and realize for our self that Krishna’s Light is the source of our Universe. We can do this by developing our subtle bodies and their senses so that we can transcend to and experience the full glory of the subtle realms where Lord Brahma exists, then beyond into the realm of MahaVishnu and ultimately to the realm of Krishna, known as Goloka.
There are five stages of Krishna Realization:
- Cosmic Consciousness – this is the experience that “I am not the body; I am the Silent Witness and I am observing the body and mind as it acts in the world.”
- God Consciousness – this is the experience of being with God in the Celestial realms in your manomaya or vijñamaya kosha. The celestial senses and bodies are fully developed
- Unity Consciousness – this is the experience that all of life is one entity and you are that entity.
- Brahman Consciousness – when your consciousness merges with the Consciousness of God, the Creator, then you perceive as if you are the Creator and every thought and every action is a thought and action of the Creator
- Krishna Consciousness – from the foundation of Brahman Consciousness, your consciousness merges with the Ultimate and only Real Being, Krishna and you realize that you are an eternal companion of Krishna, you have an eternal Absolute Body, and your life becomes as expressions of Krishna’s Infinite Creativity and Unconditional Love.
At MVU, the core focus of the curriculum is to provide the knowledge and experience of Krishna, leading to Krishna Realization.